Billy H. Cooper Award in Medical Mycology
- This award is presented to an individual from the Americas for continuous outstanding achievement in clinical mycology.
The recommendation of a nominee by an active regular MMSA member must be made in writing and should consist of:
- a description of the nominee contributions,
- the reasons why these should be considered worthy of special recognition,
- a brief biographical sketch of the nominee,
- a list of publications,
- and any other supporting documents considered relevant.
- The recommendation of a nominee must be supported by letters of seconding the nomination from other active members. Quantity and quality of seconding letters will be considered important factors in choosing an awardee.
- The nomination may be not be made posthumously except in the following condition. If the Committee has selected a recipient and if the recipient should be deceased thereafter the Award must be made posthumously.
Committee Chair: Tom Walsh
Send nomination packages to Tom Walsh
Nominations are due April 30, 2022!
Click here for a list of previous year's awardees.