Rhoda Benham Award in Medical Mycology
- This award is presented to an individual from the Americas for continuous outstanding or meritorious contributions to medical mycology.
The recommendation of a nominee by an active regular MMSA member must be made in writing and should consist of:
- a description of the nominee contributions,
- the reasons why these should be considered worthy of special recognition,
- a brief biographical sketch of the nominee,
- a list of publications,
- and any other supporting documents considered relevant.
- The recommendation of a nominee must be supported by letters of seconding the nomination from other active members.
- No more than 5 letters of recommendation, including the primary letter shall be submitted in support of a nominee.
- Primary or secondary (letter writers) nominators can only nominate one candidate per award annually.
- A nomination made for one award is not transferrable to another award committee. Re-nomination of a candidate for the subsequent year shall be conducted through a new nomination package.
- The nomination may not be made posthumously except in the following condition. If the Committee has selected a recipient and if the recipient should be deceased thereafter the Award must be made posthumously.
Send nomination packages to Committee Chair: Bridget Barker
Nominations are due by April 30, 2023!
Click here for a list of previous year's awardees.