Thomas J. Walsh Young Investigator Award
- This award is presented to an Instructor, Assistant Professor, or equivalent junior faculty staff member for distinguished early achievements and promising potential for future contributions to the field of medical mycology.
The recommendation of a nominee by an active regular MMSA member must be made in writing and should consist of:
- a description of the nominee contributions,
- the reasons why these should be considered worthy of special recognition,
- a brief biographical sketch of the nominee,
- a list of publications,
- and any other supporting documents considered relevant.
- The recommendation of a nominee must be supported by letters of seconding the nomination from other active members.
- No more than 5 letters of recommendation, including the primary letter shall be submitted in support of a nominee.
- Primary or secondary (letter writers) nominators can only nominate one candidate per award annually.
- A nomination made for one award is not transferrable to another award committee. Re-nomination of a candidate for the subsequent year shall be conducted through a new nomination package.
- The nomination may not be made posthumously except in the following condition. If the Committee has selected a recipient and if the recipient should be deceased thereafter the Award must be made posthumously.
Send nomination packages to Committee Chair: Minh-Hong Nyugen
Nominations are due April 30, 2023!
Click here for a list of previous year's awardees.